As we ponder Mother’s Day, we remember with fondness our own mother, Joan, the matriarch and strength of our family. An inspiration in all that we do. We also realize, sometimes with trepidation, that we are now the light for our generation of little ones. We have the profound role of being “mom” to those tiny people that we have brought into the world.
Cathy is proud mother to son Gianluca and daughter Vienna; and Tanya is mother to daughters Quinlan and Alissa. Real Estate is a demanding profession, there is no 9-5, no weekends off. Likewise, motherhood is, as it should be, all encompassing. So we are constantly working on perfecting work-life balance. While there is no way to be a perfect mom, there are a million ways to be a good one. Here are a few tips for our fellow moms in time for Mother’s Day:
- You can’t pour from an empty cup. Take care of yourself first.
- Remember to take time to live life, it will inspire your work
- Schedule your priorities – this will keep you on track
- Make time for serendipity – when the unexpected pops up, go with the flow
- Build your community – friends & family will help you if you just say “please”
- Enjoy the great outdoors – crucial with little ones
- Exercise – make this a priority!
- Bend the rules – that’s right, you’re in charge!
- Say “no” and move on
So to all of the mothers in the world who are juggling the needs of many, you need to feel confident in the choices you make, measure yourself against your goals and feel proud of your achievements. Your children look up to you to provide them with a road map in life, so throw your best self out there, and the universe will reward you.
Speaking of scheduling priorities, grab your calendar and set a reminder for Kite Festival on Sunday, June 4th from 11am – 4pm at Brant Hills Park. Join us as we “Let Fun Take Flight” with free kite building and decorating, face painting, balloon animals, magic and more! This annual event runs rain or shine and is a fabulous community event. Hope to see you there.