Ask the Rocca Sisters: Staging Your Home
At the Rocca Sisters Team, we frequently get questions from clients and friends about various aspects of the home selling and home buying process. That is why every Monday we choose a question and answer it right here on our blog! This week we are covering a topic that we get asked about all the time: Is staging your home important if you want to sell? And what are some tips for successful staging?
Is Staging Important for the Sale of my Home?
The Rocca Sisters Team strongly believes that staging a home can be the difference when it comes to selling your home for top dollar. To this end, we employ the STAGED & SOLD® Action Plan. Statistics show time and time again that a properly staged home will sell for as much as 10% more than an unstaged home and, in some cases, as much as 10 times faster. Staging highlights the full potential of your property by incorporating design techniques to create a lasting first impression.
What are Some of the Basics of Home Staging?
- Curb Appeal: The outside of your house is the first and last impression the potential buyer has of your home. You have a lot invested and we will help you to optimize its presentation
- De-Personalize: Keep your personal keepsakes and mementoes to a minimum. Remember, you want the potential buyer to imagine themselves living in your home, not to feel like a guest.
- Let the Sunshine In! Optimizing natural sunlight with clean windows and light window coverings makes a home feel larger and inspires feelings of optimism in potential buyers.
- Fix it! If something is not working properly, even if it is something small, it may deter potential buyers. With our patented RSVP (Rocca Sisters Valued Partners) Program, we have access to a team of repair people and contractors to whom we can refer you, and who often offer discounted rates for our clients.
- Paint it! We at the Rocca Sisters Team have vast experience with home decor, trends, and what colours are most appealing to potential buyers. We will let you know if the colours that your family enjoys are colours that will appeal to the vast majority of purchasers. If they are not, we will make recommendations to optimize purchase appeal.
- Cleanliness: A spotless house is the best way to communicate to potential buyers that your home has been taken care of. Sometimes, making a one-time investment in a professional cleaning service just before listing can be a very wise decision, especially if you have done any repairs or painting. Through our RSVP Program, have several reputable cleaners that we can refer you to.
- Strategic Furniture: We will show you how to arrange your existing furniture so that space is optimized. Our stagers may add or remove furniture, if needed and at your comfort level.
- De-Clutter: You have probably heard this phrase with respect to staging, but what does it mean? A house that looks cluttered looks naturally smaller and more chaotic, making it more difficult for potential buyers to envision living in it. We give this concept a whole new meaning by doing a room-by-room walk through with you, and then working to create a plan to temporarily (or sometimes permanently!) pare down your belongings for the benefit of potential buyers.
- The Human Touch: Buyers should know that someone is living in your home. We’ll show you how to add some human touches so buyers feel welcomed and can picture themselves living in your home.
Please do not hesitate to contact us about our STAGED & SOLD® Action Plan. We would be happy to walk you through the home selling process, utilizing our years of experience to help you get the most out of your biggest investment – your home.
Do you have a question you would like to see answered on this blog? Contact us at any time, we’d love to hear from you!