We’ve just received the water bottles we are giving away to all participants of The Healing for Women’s Cancers WALK / RUN taking place at Bronte Creek Provincial Park on June 8th in Oakville.
What are you doing to get ready for the race?
Here are some tips on how to get prepared to the run
- Run a Monday, Wednesday, Saturday or Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday schedule. This will allow for proper progression and ample rest in between.
- A good pair of shoes is necessary. Good foot support is important.
- Eat healthy carbohydrates (such as fruits, vegetables and whole grain cereals, pasta and grains) for high-octane fuel.
- Be sure you always have a water bottle handy.
- Eat protein (such as meat, fish or meat alternative) at most meals to help build and repair muscles.
- Drink at least two cups of non-caffeinated fluid two hours before exercising; then drink six to 12 ounces every 15 minutes while exercising.
- On race day, eat a snack about an hour before your run. Choose an easy-to-digest carbohydrate food such as a banana or cereal with skim milk. Avoid eating too much fibre (it can cause discomfort) and fat (it can take a long time to digest).
- Warm up and cool down for at least five minutes by walking or jogging; stretch the large muscles in your lower body after running.
For full detail and registration information click here
Beat the price increase – register by May 25th!
Children under 10 are FREE with a registered adult entry*
*Finishing medals to all registered participants (FREE Children will not receive medal or t-shirt)